Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dentist.



Maybe it is me but I am just not too crazy about dentists per se, do not take me wrong I am not too crazy about other doctors too when I have to see them as a patient. Anytime I go to a dentist (no names), I come back with a new problem.

So this time I saw him for a regular cleaning. I spent a good fifteen minutes with a dental technician and after she was done I saw a glimpse of my new dentist through my peripheral vision as he was always on my side. If I see him on the street I probably would not recognize him..... unless I see him from the periphery.

I found out soon I was in a precarious situation, I may loose all my teeth in the next 30 years, if I won't get my cavities filled out. Now 30 years is a long time. I was injected with five vials of Novocaine, which I think was a lot and still I was having pain. I was informed that the reason I am still having pain is because "certain Indian and Pakistanis have dual nerve supply". I was not sold with that idea because with that amount of Novocaine, the whole population of India and Pakistan could be anesthetized.

Anyway I was finally done with instructions to come back for some more...... I have more sensitive teeth now as compared to what I presented with but still I have to go and get all this mess fixed up or else......

Please tell me I am not the only one with this problem.

No comments: