So actually there are some good things about this health reform bill despite all the uproar against president Obama. Here is a brief summary.
- Your cost for preventive measure would be ZERO dollars. So next time you are having a colonoscopy, mammography etc, you do not have to worry about your co pay, your insurance would pay it all.
- You can get insurance even if you have any pre existing condition.
- You can get a rebate check for the “donut” hole.
- Children up to 26 can be covered under your insurance.
- There will be no annual or lifetime limit on benefits through Medicare.
- 35% tax credit for small business against premium payments. These measures would also help in the long run where mega companies like McDonald provide mock insurances plans, where there is a cap at $2000, this amount would likely cover only your foot at the door in a hospital.
- This would extend coverage to 32 million Americans who are currently uninsured. This would help these individuals to get insurance.
- The law will cost the government about $938 billion over 10 years, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.
- Insurance companies could no longer deny children coverage based on a preexisting condition.
- In 2014, everyone must purchase health insurance or face a $695 annual fine. There are some exceptions for low-income people.
So now get ready to pay more taxes.
About the picture: Somewhere in Smokies.