Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Flu Shot, Did You Get One?


According to CDC (Center for disease control), flu 2010-2011 season started in October and it will peak in January. Current recommendations are that everyone above 6  months of age should get the vaccine. This year you don't have to get a separate vaccine, this year vaccine includes protection against 2009 H1N1, H3N2 and influenza  B  virus.

I got my Flu shot early last month at the hospital cafeteria, I was ambushed as I was on my way to get some food. Unfortunately my wife and our two daughters were not so lucky. So as we got out of the plane at Washington Dulles Airport, we saw a kiosk right near the baggage claim, personals over there were offering free Flu vaccine. My wife got a shot and the little ones got nasal sprays. Children were overjoyed when they figured out that they will get a "mist" rather than a shot.

Anyway I like this campaign, it is very effective and convenient. Don't forget to get your shot.

No comments: