Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Illusions Of Healthcare, Uninsured.



I have two young patients, both with cancers. They need surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, and they need it now. We have a diagnosis and plan, unfortunately we can not implement it. The kind of surgery they need,  we are unable to perform those at our hospital. I can not transfer them anywhere because they are UNINSURED.  So they are stuck in limbo.

In this day and age where we are the most powerful nation in the world but some of our own do not posses some basic needs. I spent a lot of time talking to different hospitals but I am still waiting for an answer. So naturally I am frustrated.... this is quite an illusion of care. Maybe tomorrow is going to be another day.


About the picture: Luray Caverns, Virginia. There is water at the bottom of this particular shot which reflects the roof and gives you an illusion.


No comments: